Wednesday, December 18, 2013

How technology has changed our childhood

I have received my first computer (shared with my brother) when I was 16. Until then I had little contact with computers, the internet was also in it's  infancy. I remembered that we spent our afternoons staying and playing all kind of sports outdoor (from playing soccer and basketball to all kinds of games). We also use to gather in small groups outside ant talk about everything.

Nowadays children not even that they grow up  with computers but they have also all kinds of gadgets, tablets, laptops etc. I think that it is a good think that the technology has evolved but sadly because of all these attraction that children have indoor they "forget" to go outside and  do things that we did, today children  rarely go playing outside or socialize in groups like we did.

Probably every generation will say this about the previous one. Probably in 20 years all these gadgets will be implanted in our bodies and today's children will say that at least they used the gadgets but they didn't carry them all time, they could disconnect from them any time if the wanted to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment