Friday, January 10, 2014

Taking time off from work




If you are one of those people who are able to go on holidays and forget about everything then I think you are a lucky one.

I have never been able to take more than a couple of days off and even when I have did this I wasn’t relaxed, I have always been  somehow connected with my work, with the clients who always tried to reach me etc. After I have graduated from university I have been transferring from one company to the other not staying long enough to be able to ask for a longer vacation.

After I have finally settled for a stable job, It was for a small company where if I was gone there wasn’t anybody to substitute me. So I have always taken one or two days usually before or after weekends.  These is not enough time to disconnect and try to relax, after returning from a few days of free time you cannot say that you have been disconnected from work and fully enjoyed a vacation because by the time you have use to the vacation you have to go back to work.  

Now since I have my own business I have the same issue, I do not have time to take vacations and if I would take a long vacation, during this time I would be paid. Of course I am looking to solve this issue because in my opinion our life should be balanced we need to have a equilibrium between the things we are doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment